- Director: Juan Carlos Medina
- Writer: Jane Goldman, Peter Ackroyd
- Main Cast: Bill Nighy, Olivia Cooke, Daniel Mays, Douglas Booth
‘London’s appetite for horror knows no bounds’
Detective Kildare (Bill Nighy) is investigating a series of grisly murders in late 19th Century London – a seemingly hopeless investigation – and becomes embroiled in the related investigation of a charming woman Lizzie (Olivia Cooke) who has been accused of poisoning her husband. As the case continues, the bodies pile up, the infamy of the suspects grow, and the story becomes all the more complex.
The Blair Witch Project (1999)
• Director: Daniel Myrick and Eduardo Sanchez
• Writer: Daniel Myrick and Eduardo Sanchez
• Cast: Heather Donahue, Michael C. Williams, Joshua Leonard
Three film students travel to the town of Burkittsville to make a documentary investigating the legend of the Blair Witch – who is believed to stalk the nearby Black Hills Forest. The team set off into the woods, and they’re never seen again…but a year later, their footage is found.
Blair Witch (2016)
• Director: Adam Wingard
• Writer: Simon Barrett
• Cast: James Allen McCune, Callie Hernandez, Corbin Reid
James is the brother of Heather, one of the film students from the first movie. While investigating her disappearance – almost 20 years later – he finds some new footage online, which seems to suggest his sister might be alive. This draws him, and his documentary-making friends, back to the Black Hills Forest. Their footage is later found.
Yeah, some people never bloody learn!